Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contiguous platforms

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
495 Views, 6 Replies

contiguous platforms

Hello everyone:

What is the best way to create a platform (say for a parking lot), and an adjacent platform?

With two platforms or is there some other way?

The program tells me that two platforms can not overlap, but they share edges.

This solves the problem of the image? I do not know how you do it!. Any help?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Use  different types of Building Pads in different sessions , align edges , use Slope Arrow (pay attention at its orientation)...all these in Sketch Mode ...as can be seen in my attached recording....

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/682281f8-e56f-4056-8981-a33bb2b355f9

I hope it will help...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Hi, sorry for the delay in answering the post, I was very busy at the time!

Thank you very much for all your indications, really.

Again I thank you, and if you're still there, I doubt you clarify one last:

By generating a surface, it is correct that this is the position of Level 1?

Attached is a picture. Why extends both up and why is that brief space below? It is the site?

Thank you!levels.png

Message 4 of 7
constantin.stroescu

can you be more precise?

What type of Surface are you speaking of? Is there an In Place Mass or what else ? 

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hey you're right, I was not precise in my comment.

I mean a topographic surface.

Message 6 of 7
constantin.stroescu

it is ok as it looks.....it is either a Section View  or an Elevation View in which the elevation symbol is inside the surface (see image 1)

In both cases you have  a setting of Elevation of poche base at a negative value (image 2)

The grey color of the poche instead of an earth hatch comes from the fact that you use a small scale (in metric could be 1/10, 1/20) -that is visible too in the small dimension of the level label in your image...

Image 3.png

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hello, thank you very much,

I understand, not bad level 1 stay there?

Because the point is this, I mean, if I generate a topographic surface, for example, has contours 118-111 meters above sea level,
Side view when giving to said surface, the level 1 appears just like the picture I attach before, a little above said base surface.

Then my question is to know if, when, for example, add a building pad on the spot elevation 115.5'm not making a mistake, whether to place this platform, I first created a lagged level from 1 to 115 meters.

I have done tests and it seems that there are no problems with that, but I really can not find references to it, only you mention.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report