Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Distribution Center

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chiragdedhia
759 Views, 4 Replies

Content Distribution Center

This is in continuation to the Previous Thread on Corner window which brought me to the Content Download Center.. I've downloaded various families from there and on running the .exe files the libraries install in the respective Imperial Library Folders.
I've downloaded only the REVIT 8.0 Library. Not tried the UK and other Libraries.

1. Are these libraries only for imperial ? Do we have something similar for Metric as well?

2. On copying these files to the respective folders, there seems to be some versions of the same files existing in those folders. I've attached a jpg image explaining the same. Which version is the best to keep? Of April 24 or April 20? There seems to be quite some difference on opening the family.
And there are plenty such overwritten files.

3. I've still not been able to access the Revit 7.0 Libraries. Seems to be some problem either at my end or on the server end. The page title shows Revit 8, but the page is supposedly for Revit 7.0... Can some1 try this n let me know?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sbrown
in reply to: chiragdedhia

I had no problem getting in to the 7.0 content. I think some of the families may be metric but the vast majority are imperial so the zip file is set to just unpack into the imperial libraries.

I would allways take the newer of the families assuming you have not modified the one for your own use.
Message 3 of 5
chiragdedhia

Yeh, taking the newer version def makes sense. So i'll keep it that way.

Well i guess i'll keep tryin the other libraries as well time and again.

Moreover, as u had earlier mentioned that there are some families in REVIT 7 folder which are not there in REVIT 8. so how do u know which ones to download. Cant go manually and check up each one!! Thats too much work to do 🙂
Message 4 of 5
sbrown

You just browse the content for what you need when you need it, that is why the link is in the open dialog box of the program, so its basically just like browsing your local library.
Message 5 of 5
chiragdedhia

Makes sense! Thnx.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report