Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints are respected in a family, but not in a project (curtain wall)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jonmcfarlandGY
223 Views, 1 Reply

Constraints are respected in a family, but not in a project (curtain wall)

I'm creating fairly complex curtain wall units and have issues where some of my components respect the constraints while in the unit family, but not in the project.  For example, in the attached MMSS_0_0_C (Finial+Pilasters) TEST2.rfa file (a very stripped down version, the two objects on the left have thier refererence points locked to the Left and Front reference planes.  The same goes for the objects on the right.  When the Left or Right reference planes are moved, the family flexes properly.  In the attached ProjectCW.rvt file, the family replaces one of the glazed panels.  I changed the Mod Width parameter to match the distance between vertical grid lines and 3 of the 4 vertical objects adjust properly.  The fourth remains outside of the panel area.  This object is also tied to the proper location with locked dimensions to no avail.  Any Idea why this one object respects the constraints in the family but not in the project?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cjgielens
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

i replaced all generic models in the family with sweeps

now the family follows the grids in the project

regards,

Coen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report