Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection steel

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1670 Views, 4 Replies

Connection steel

I have a problem when i try to connection a steel structure in the same profile or not, don't have connection and when I get to connect two profiles one exceeds one another. Is possivel the good connection in the revit?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

try these:

• select beam profile you want join with another profile :Properties > Geometric Position > Start Join Cutback - set it to 0.00 (to fit) or to a negative valuen in order to "bite" the other profile
  • Use Cope in order to control how the intersection is made ( depends wjich profile is selected first). Adjust Coping Distance....I've made it 0.00 so the steel elements touch themselves....

Image 000.png

Image 001.png

Image 002.png

Image 003.png

Image 004.png

Image 005.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Is it possible to do this in Revit LT 2014, or is there another way to connect steel members? Most of the advice is for full Revit which I don't have. Thank you in advance.

Message 4 of 5

You can try to do it manually by using Opening by Face:

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Works perfectly and almost for all. Just for HSS sections I had to detach them from their plane for it to work. Many thanks

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report