Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two lines to make one

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
904 Views, 1 Reply

Connecting two lines to make one

I am trying to make a series of curved walls with windows in them as I place the windows they do not place into the walls because of breaks in the wall line between them. I have atempted to make a line out of the wall and convert the line into one single wall segment but it always breaks back down to the geometry of arc+ arc+circle exctra

is there a way to make the wall one single wall or to make a series of arcs into a single polyline so I can convert it into a wall face?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

in the attached file there are four examples of walls with inserted windows:

• 1 and 2 are walls made using Component > Model in Place > Family Categoriy and Parameters > Walls . The walls are made by sweep ( 1 using a spline path, 2 a path made by arcs) - in this case the wall is one entity.Spline for wall path is a very good choice because the tangent is a rule for them...but spline can not be used in Wall comand
  • 3 is a wall made by Wall comand- VERY IMPORTANT : the two curves have to  be TANGENT  (or a tangent line and  curve )  - in this case there are two entities and a line appears on the window that is positioned on the junction of the two walls, The line ( two line in fact) can be hide selecting them and the picking View>Linework and override the line type...select Invisible line and apply it twice (because there are two lines)
  • 4 is an example in which the two curves are not tangent...and he inserted window fails...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report