Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Statement to insert door offset or centered

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
roothcad
1568 Views, 4 Replies

Conditional Statement to insert door offset or centered

Is it possible to read the current wall thickness of a door's host and use that dimension in a conditional statement to locate the frame's setback?

If the wall is deeper than the frame I want the door flush with the wall, if the frame is deeper than the wall, I want the door centered.

I set up a Wall Width paramenter in my door family but I keep getting the "Inconsistent units" error message.

Any insight would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: roothcad

Put a dimension between the faces of the wall, as an instance reporting parameter. Then, use that parameter in a formula.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
kfielding

This functionality is only available from Revit 2011 onwards.  As Alfredo pointed out, dimensioning to the wall thickness will create a reporting parameter, this can then be used within instance based formulas.

Attached is my recommended formulas to control this.  By putting the Calculated Frame Width back into the Wall Setback formula it ensures the frame is never wider than the wall thickness. 

In addition when creating the reporting parameter, unsure you tab to select the wall exterior edges and not the reference plance.  I've found that you get better results reporting from geometry rather than reference plans.

Hope this helps.

K

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
Message 4 of 5
roothcad

Excellent - thanks for the explanation. I was tripped up by trying to have the type parameter use the wall thickness info.

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
jr10304
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo...Just what I was looking for!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report