Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional formatting-2 colors in same column?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cbcarch
3477 Views, 5 Replies

Conditional formatting-2 colors in same column?

I think this has been asked before, but I could not find a final answer-- ( maybe a 3rd party app can do it?)

We would like to see 2 colors, red for rooms which are under program sf, and green for rooms which are over program sf--
in the same column.

The attached image shows current schedule using 2 different columns/parameters w/ conditional formatting applied.
We want both colors in a single column.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cbcarch

It is not possible to have two different conditional format colors assigned to the same field. What I do is create two Text Calculated Values ("ERR-TRUE" & "ERR-FALSE") with no formula, blank out the field header, set the conditional formatting for each one so one shades green under one condition while the other shades red under the other condition. See image below for a random example: the condition is RED if Length < 6' and GREEN otherwise. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it's all I've got.

ScheduleConditionalFormat.JPG

*Image from Revit 2014

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
cbcarch
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yep--that's similar to what we are doing.

Maybe I'll post it as a Wishlist item, if it has not already been asked for.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 6
joshua.lumley

Create a second schedule just one one column of the colors you want and overlay them in the Sheet.

Message 5 of 6
robinVW982
in reply to: joshua.lumley

Missing in revit a way to add a parameter to multiple families within a project. 

Instead of opening every invidiual family to add this to them. 

How do you do it?

Message 6 of 6
MachielAEC

maybe share the wish list in this feed.
This is something that is really needed.
Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report