Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Wall Step Clean-up

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
josh
547 Views, 3 Replies

Concrete Wall Step Clean-up

I have a 2' step in fdn at a corner of the building and then same stud wall above both sides. When I try to clean up the corner, the concrete on the higher side extends past to the face of the wall on the opposite side. Wall joins does not clean this up, and I cannot find anything in the type properties to edit the priority level (CAD term.). The wall is set up properly under Revit standards of (1) Structure, (2) Substrate, etc...

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: josh

Take a look at the attached file. Typically I will edit the profile of one wall if I cannot get the applicaton to clean up corner details. Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
josh
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks, I managed to edit the profile to make it look right in 3D view, but this is how it looks in foundation plan... The wall joins are set to butt, not miter and that angled line is still there.

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: josh

I opened my test file and it looks different (better) than your image. I use Butt joint in the corner to clean mine up, however, it's still not ideal and could be better. As with many things in Revit you can find a few ways of achieving the same end results, you just have to try them and find one you like. Typically I edit the profile to clean up walls in 3D but then I will use the Linework Tool and possible Filled Regions in Plan to graphically make thing look better.

Cheers,  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report