Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete sunshade with plaster finish

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
josemukalel
2890 Views, 9 Replies

Concrete sunshade with plaster finish

Drawing1-Model.jpgI am trying to model Concrete sunshade with plaster finish but still not success,please help me  to do this .i choose fascia but not happy with this detail.please see the image

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
VWD-MLM
in reply to: josemukalel

I'd use a Line or Wall or Face-Based Family with parameters and
materials.....gives a lot of flexibility..

Mike

Michael L. Maloney

Proj/BIM Manager

Blue Ridge Architects - CLT

13850 Ballantyne Corp. Place

Suite 500

Charlotte NC 28277

386-931-6733 Cell
Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 10
Lucavox

You could do this in different ways, all valid.
- Custom Architectural column family
You could create a family based on line with the profile you need. Drawing it as Architectural column the finish will be placed around it.

- 2d Annotation
Create the 3d model without the finish and add it to the section with the 2d annotation tools

These are just two ways to do this, you could invent new ones.
Message 4 of 10
josemukalel
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Can you please explain by some image .i didnt get your answer because i am still new to revit

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 5 of 10
josemukalel
in reply to: Lucavox

Capture22.PNGI want to see in section and wall section with plaster finish not only in callout(detail)

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 6 of 10
Lucavox

This is a custom family based on line. to do this:

- create a new family and select the template "Metric generic model  - line based"

- create 2 sweep: One for the concrete and one for finish

- Create two material parameter for the concrete and finish

- Load the family in the project and place it inside a wall

- You need to set the finish material of wall equal to the finish material of your custom family and joining the two elements the result will be this:

Immagine.png

Immagine2.png

If you are a new user of revit it's not simple but not impossible, please try googling for revit family tutorial.

Kind regards,

Luca

Message 7 of 10
josemukalel
in reply to: Lucavox

I use generic model wall based with 2 sweep and 2 material parameters.is this way good or it will get problem in schedule  ?Capture111.JPGCapture122.JPG

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 8 of 10
Lucavox

If you create a material take off you should have the correct quantities.
Be sure to make the wall and the component joined.

Regards,
Luca

Message 9 of 10
loboarch

This could also be done as part of the wall family itself.  I was able to add 2 profiles (1 for the concrete inner piece and one for the plaster wrap) and position them in the structure of the wall to get the condition you are looking for.  This method might be of use if you have a lot of walls with this condition, because the shade is part of the wall itself rather than different family elements placed on the wall after the fact.  Both methods work but one may be better than the other depending on the context of what you are doing.

conc_shelf.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 10 of 10
elson.hutomo
in reply to: loboarch

Hello, i,m really new to Revit and just started my first project. Got the same issue here and i'm interested on how you did the concrete sunshade. Can you teach me or make a video step by step with it? Really need help here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report