Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete pad (floor) from mass

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DaveDrahn
2041 Views, 2 Replies

Concrete pad (floor) from mass

Using Revit Arch 2013, I'm trying to make a small landing at the top of a concrete ramp.  I created a mass (shown in the screenshot) that represents the 'tweaking' transition from the top of the ramp (flat) to the floor which slopes at 2%.

If I try to crete a mass floor it bases it on a level, which can't create the warped top surface. I tried modeling an in place component (not using massing) but don't have near the flexibility with that - couldn't pick certain faces as work planes, couldn't use 3d snapping, etc.

How do I create a simple 4" think concrete landing with wardped top surface from this?  

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

My opinion is that you can use succesfully a Floor with a Shape Editing applied:

1. Architecture > Floor >Floor:Architecural > Draw > Boundary Line - make the closed contour of the ramps you want ...OK
  2. With the new made floor selected > Modify Floors > Shape Editing > use Modify Subelements, Add Points ,Add Split Line....so to obtain what you want
  3. If the Floor is multi- layered you can choose option Variable and so you can obtain a ramp with base

Image 01.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3

Whoa. Cool. Thanks all I had to do was modify sub elemets on the 2 points at the wide end of this pad and it's perfect.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report