Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete pad (floor) from mass

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DaveDrahn
2054 Views, 2 Replies

Concrete pad (floor) from mass

Using Revit Arch 2013, I'm trying to make a small landing at the top of a concrete ramp.  I created a mass (shown in the screenshot) that represents the 'tweaking' transition from the top of the ramp (flat) to the floor which slopes at 2%.

If I try to crete a mass floor it bases it on a level, which can't create the warped top surface. I tried modeling an in place component (not using massing) but don't have near the flexibility with that - couldn't pick certain faces as work planes, couldn't use 3d snapping, etc.

How do I create a simple 4" think concrete landing with wardped top surface from this?  

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

My opinion is that you can use succesfully a Floor with a Shape Editing applied:

1. Architecture > Floor >Floor:Architecural > Draw > Boundary Line - make the closed contour of the ramps you want ...OK
  2. With the new made floor selected > Modify Floors > Shape Editing > use Modify Subelements, Add Points ,Add Split Line....so to obtain what you want
  3. If the Floor is multi- layered you can choose option Variable and so you can obtain a ramp with base

Image 01.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Whoa. Cool. Thanks all I had to do was modify sub elemets on the 2 points at the wide end of this pad and it's perfect.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report