Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conceptual Massing - Simplify Surfaces

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
845 Views, 1 Reply

Conceptual Massing - Simplify Surfaces

A designer in our office has created a form using Revit's conceptual massing tools that looks almost cloth-like in its smooth, flowing geometry.  I've been asked to help them both analyze the form, as well as create some nice visualizations of it.

Unfortunately, the form has become very poly-heavy and so creates some instability issues.

Is there a way, in Revit or otherwise something I don't have to fork out $ for, where I can reduce the polygons, while maintaining the basic, overall appearance?

I've attached one of the panels for reference.poly-heavy cloth

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

The best approach would probably be to reduce the number of points on the profiles they created the form from [I’m assuming they have multiple profiles which they then created the form from].  Or reduce the number of profiles used to generate the form.

If they edit the original conceptual mass, dissolve the form back to the original profiles, edit some of the profiles, and see if they can either trace a simpler form over the original or reduce the number of segments.

Does there appear to be a large number of profiles or points on the individual line?  This is typically when you see this type of geometry from the resulting create form action.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report