Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Specs for Revit 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JustinAssembly
570 Views, 1 Reply

Computer Specs for Revit 2015

Hi

I am moving my office from Vectorworks to Revit Architecture 2015.  

We currntly use apple computers. We need to upgrade 2 computers so wondering what is the best way forward.  We can and will use a combo of bootcamp and VM fussion on existing computers. This will allow us flexibilty for our legacy projects. 

Can someone give me guidance on what performace gains do you get with 32gig over 16gig RAM

And what difference does a solid state drive make for running revit. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

We put 16gb of memory in our PC's at work.  we rarely see it using more than 8gb.  I'm not sure going to 32gb is a well spent investment.  As for SSD? it's the best damned thing ever.  booting in under 20seconds is the best thing i've experienced in my time with my SSD.   Saving your file will (of course) be faster, but the best benefit from the SSD drive is faster load times from most of your programs that cache to the hard drive or read/write to the hard drive.

I cant speak to anything about mac hardware beyond what i've said.  Hope that's partially helpful.

You should buy a well used SSD (Not a knock off brand).  I personally buy Samsung.  I found their 840 Pro line was very good.  I havent used the EVO line but most people ive heard using it are very happy with it.  I have a Corsair Neutron in my home PC.  It also works very well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report