Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composit wall thickness at window inserts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Danail89
1558 Views, 4 Replies

Composit wall thickness at window inserts

Hello, 

I have already read a lot of topics on the issue, but could not find the answer to my question. As I see the only way to adjust the proper thickness of different lines in a composite structure is by doing workaround with the LW tool. Even then however I find it impossible to adjust different corners of the wall. A good example are wall edges at window inserts (see attachment pic 3).

Thnaks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Danail89
in reply to: Danail89

As I see the complete lack of answers shows that the there is no solution for the problem. Revit is an amazing program with some great BIM capabilities, but I sometimes find it impossible to cope up with the most simple tasks . . . like in this example. 

Message 3 of 5
Alisder.Brown

Don't jump to conclusions, just because you cant find a way to do it does not mean there is'nt.

I think this option will do what you require. 

In your View > Visibility graphics/overrides > Tick "Cut line styles" > "Edit" > then set the lightweights/styles/THK's for each layer.

See attached image

Alternately, you can use a combination of Object styles, visibility graphics and individual overrides (and the LW tool)

You are trying to do something "non-standard" so obviously there will be some manual work. The LW tool is not a workaround, it is specifically for the purpose you are looking for, to manipulate individual lines visual properties.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 4 of 5
Danail89
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thx! That's exactly what I was looking for. You can see the final result in the picture. 

I can't agree however what I'm trying to do is "non - standart" - it is quite a standart procedure to mark the core layer of a composite structure thicker than the rest (at least in my area). While looking for solution, I saw many topics from people around the globe, so it might not be so area specific as well. 

In case you have to manually adjust each line of ALL walls in your drawing (compared to the easy and direct option you just mentioned), then we could call it a "workaround" I guess.

However, everything is fine. I like it that using this option you can actually adjust different lineweights for each individual drawing. 

Thanks once again.

Message 5 of 5
Alisder.Brown

No problem, glad it sorted your issue 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report