Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components not visible

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
12701 Views, 5 Replies

Components not visible

After checking all the graphics visibility, the materials, colors etc. none of my components that I have are not visible. The bed, sofa, table etc doesn't show the color in plan view and doesn't show color or the lines in 3D view. If someone could help me that would be great!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"doesn't show the color in plan view"

if it shows the lines but not the color-
then click that box icon down on the "View
Control Bar" and pick "Shading with Edges"..

"doesn't show color or the lines in 3D view"

in other words it shows nothing in 3D view..
try right clicking in the drawing area and select
"Zoom To Fit"..
Message 3 of 6
Revitspace

If Vector's suggestion doesent work, try opening the family in the family editor and check the visibility control settings. Sometimes the 3D geometry is hidden in plan view and replaced with a 2D infomation. Ive seen some families which contain no 3D geometry!

Also if you using phasing, check that the family has been assigned the correct phase in accordance with the view phase setting. I.e if your view phase is 'existing' and you put the family on 'new construction' the family will not show in view if the view phase setting is Existing only.

Adam
www.Revitspace.co.uk

Edited by: revitspace on Dec 22, 2009 4:16 PM Edited by: revitspace on Dec 22, 2009 4:23 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok so I did both of those in plan view and 3D view. All that was showing were the walls and floors that were added color. When I scrolled over where the bed is supposed it to be, it highlighted the bed in purple but when i take my cursor away it doesn't show up...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

During 3d view double click the object, this open the family then select the component and on the import instance tab select visibility settings make sure that the detail levels match or just select default then select Load into project

PS i'm not expert on Revit maybe there's a better way but this worked for me

Message 6 of 6
CharlesGoin

I know this is old but its the first one I found. So figured I would give an update. 

I too had this problem.. found the issue was a sloppy familie with embeded families. 

Although it was a plumbing fixture, the embeded families were from the generic model family group. My 3D views all had Generic Model families turned OFF in visual graphics. Fixed the subfamilies and viola all showed like it should.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report