Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component extrusion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
parisa.mbrk
413 Views, 4 Replies

component extrusion

I want to create extrusion on a curved wall ( a box or something like that ) . but revit cannot recognise the wall as a plane, what should I do ?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
parisa.mbrk
in reply to: parisa.mbrk

if someone helps I'll be grateful 🙂
Message 3 of 5
gustavomello
in reply to: parisa.mbrk

You can use wall sweep if you can do what you need with a profile extruded along your wall.(the little one on the image below)

If you need a more complex form you can use model in place, but it will not be attached to the wall.

Curve wall with sweep and in place model

Gustavo

Message 4 of 5

1. In such I case , in order to place an extruded volume on a curved face of a wall I consider that the appropriate method is to made a new family :Generic Model Wall Based or Generic Model Face Based ..This new family can be placed on the curved surface.
  2. But if you want to make a Component Model in Place , Extruded , you can not select the curved face as a plane (it isn't a plane).In this case you have to draw a chord (on the arc)  Reference Plane , name it and ,at last use it as placement plane

Method 1 ....Generic Model Wall Based and Generic Model Face Based

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

thank you so much 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report