Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex bowl-tipe shape

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
manuelmunoz87
966 Views, 5 Replies

Complex bowl-tipe shape

Hi everyone, I've been trying to make a shape that (as far as I know) can't be achieved trough extrusion nor revolve. I tried drawing the different variations the shape has at diferent heights, as explained in THIS TUTORIAL, but when I click the Create Form button, the profile isn't an arc as depicted in the tutorial, but two lines.

I've attached the .rfa file with the progress I've made so far and some explanatory images.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks in advance!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

try this:

• in Mass editor (Edit in Place if you are in Project field) select (using TAB) the object (the whole entity)
  • Form Element > Add Profile -add one or more profiles - activate also X-Ray for a better control
  • move slightly the Profil(s) till you obtain the desired curvature

Aniway you have to obtain a smooth transition if you would select the all three shapes you've maid and the > Create Form....probably you have selected in pairs : 1 and 2 : 2 and 3 ...and then the result is as shown in your example : two straight with an angle....

In your case you ca use Disolve (from Form Element) and select the three remaining shapes>Create Form

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 6

Hi Constantin! Thanks for the quick response!
The form was created selecting all three profiles, but the result is the same.
Message 4 of 6

what about method 1. - with Add Profile?

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 5 of 6

here is a screencast I've made on this subject...maybe you can find it useful...

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/24358ff7-43b4-4d5a-adfe-294eb8f0651c

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 6 of 6

Hi Constantin! Thank you so much for the screencast, I followed the steps and got a perfect rounded form so, I discarded a possible software problem.
The thing is, the form I've arrived to is not acording to the plans I've been given. I've tried adding new profiles to the shape I had and it kinda works for a while. When I add the first intermediate profile the shape smoothes, but the program wouldn't allow me to add a second profile.
I think maybe the problem resides in the fact that i don't actually draw the profiles from which the form is created, but select them from the lines in the plan.
I've done a screencast so you can see what I'm talking about, maybe you can tell me what's wrong with it: https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/1f3c7174-a382-4112-ab2d-959bfe5be7ea

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report