Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility revit 2011 to 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joost_lansbergen
1713 Views, 3 Replies

Compatibility revit 2011 to 2010

Hi,

We've recently uprgaded one of our projects from  Revit 2010 to 2011; much to my horror I discovered there's no automatic backwards compatibility in Revit 2011; this means that the builder and engineer are not able to read my files anymore (they both use Revit 2010).

Is there a way to export our 2011 file into Revit 2010 format?

From other posts on this forum I am aware of the workaround via IFC, but this gives me only geometry. While this suffices for engineering purposes, I am however specifically looking for a way to retain the BIM information associated with the file for the construction company.

Appreciate your responses.

Joost

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Unfortunately Revit project files cannot be saved to previous versions of the database, as it is forward moving only.  I have included a video solution with additional information on upgrades and migration below:
Along with this, I have included a blog post which discusses some other aspects of this:

Unfortunately Revit project files cannot be saved to previous versions of the database, as it is forward moving only.  I have included a video solution with additional information on upgrades and migration below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14878114

Along with this, I have included a blog post which discusses some other aspects of this topic:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2009/01/backward-compatibilty-or-rather-lack-of.html

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: joost_lansbergen

revit has never been backwards compatible

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Ryan,

I couldn't use the video as we have no computers with sound cards in our office, but the blogpost gave some insight.

I contacted both engineer and construction company; turns out they also have revit 2011 but hadn't come around/ had the need to installing it. I guess they're just like us; we've had the update for three months now, and the only reason we installed 2011 is that we needed a way to stop this particular project from crashing on us all the time (It helped).

Thanks for your reply!

Joost

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report