Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial Rest Rooms

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
477 Views, 5 Replies

Commercial Rest Rooms

What are the ways to set up commercial rest rooms in a set of CD's?

Are most people really modelling all of the elements, such as partitions, with swings, grab bars etc?

Or are most falling back to 2d work to show some of these things, I'm thinking about ADA clearances, etc. 

Bt

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cvandevere
in reply to: Anonymous

It kind of depends. If you need to show interior elevations then the 3-D  content would be better. If you have multiple rest rooms that are the same then you can model one and the rest can be drawn with 2-D plan elements.

CDV
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'm really struggling with the toilet partitions. I've downloaded some families from Arcat and so on, and they seem very  comlicated and not easy  to work with. 

In ADT we used to just make them out of walls, with doors cutting in, and it was very easy to lay them out. Does anyone use walls in revit to do the partitions?

Is there any clever way to do this, or do we just need to build them up and figure them out, piece by piece?

Message 4 of 6
cvandevere

You can create a 1" thick partition family and 1" door family pretty quickly also there are several predefined toilet partiton layouts on autodesk seek including a generic Revit one. http://seek.autodesk.com/search.htm?prodid=autodesk:revit:architecture:2011:en/&q=toilet++partitions... They used to also have an ADA compliant one as well.

CDV
Message 5 of 6
cvandevere

Here is a link to some older Revit Toilet room Specialties content that you might find useful http://revit.autodesk.com/library/archive2009/html/index.html 

CDV
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i'm going with the 1" wall and door family, for now. the thing that is bugging me is that I can't find a way to have the 'cut line' line weight for the 1" wall not be so heavy. It has the same weight (5) as a typical wall which is too heavy for a 1" wide wall, so I want it to be a line weight of 1,2 or 3. 

Is there any way to code this into the type? for now I'm applying overrides, which need to be applied over and over in each view. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report