Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column format in schedules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jkehrwald
344 Views, 2 Replies

Column format in schedules

Is there any way to make a specific column read only in a schedule? For instance, I want to lock the door size column in the schedule to keep users from trying to change the size of the door and inadvertently changing the size for the entire type.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mwenta
in reply to: jkehrwald

No, and unfortunately the answer that I'm going to give you is a very simple response. Educate them. They have to be educated that by changing a type parameter affects every instance of that type within the project. Just tell them that when they get the message prompting them 'Are you sure that you really want to change this type parameter? If you do, I'm sure that you will create a headache for someone that will have to come behind you andd clean up your mistake. So once again, are you sure that you want to do this?' (I like my message better than Autodesk's). It really just boils down to educating your users as to when and how they should do this properly. Not trying to be a smarta$$, but I have never had an issue with any of my users because I made sure they understood what they were doing. Take care and best of luck.
Message 3 of 3
B.Henry
in reply to: jkehrwald

I realize that this is an old issue, but give this a try:

Edit the door family.  In the parameters set the width and height equation of the door size to be equal to the value (i.e. Width = 3', Height = 7', or whatever it may be).  This will grey out the input value and not allow that value for the family type to be changed.

This does not mean they can never change that value.  If they really wanted to they could go edit the family type and change it there.  But it will keep them from changing it while view the height and width on the schedule.

I hope this helps you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report