Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Display at Different Display Levels

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chris_pitt
698 Views, 3 Replies

Column Display at Different Display Levels

Hi

Does anyone have a quick explanation of how to make columns display as columns in the coarse level of detail instead of just as sticks?

I know I'll have to edit the family but I can see anything obvious to change.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: chris_pitt

Open the column family, select the extrusion > visibility settings, > activate coarse. Now, do the opposite with the symbolic lines, making them Not visible in coarse level of detail.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

when i open the column family's where is the extrusion setting

Message 4 of 4

@robert.noriega 

You most likely have figured this out by now, but for any future readers of this thread, you can modify the visibility of extrusions in a column family by:

1. Edit the family.
  2. Select the extrusion.
  3. On the Modify|Extrusion contextual ribbon tab, on the Mode panel, select the Visibility Settings tool.
  4. In the Family Element Visibility Settings dialog, in the Detail Levels area, check the toggles of the Detail Levels for which you want that extrusion to be visible.
  5. Select OK to accept the change.
  6. Save the family, if appropriate.
  7. Load the family into the project(s) where you want to see the change.

2020-07-13_Revit2020_FamilyEditor_StructuralColumnFamily_ExtrusionVisibility.png

In the out-of-the-box imperial wide flange column family, the extrusion is only set to be visible at the Fine Detail Level.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report