Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color tint glazed panels in current wall by pattern

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gbfriedman
1139 Views, 2 Replies

color tint glazed panels in current wall by pattern

I am trying to color tint my glazed panels in my curtain wall system - each panel to be one of three different tints.

I am used to working parametrically, but newish to Revit. I would ideally like to parametricize the application of a pattern using three different glass styles. I have no idea where to begin with this.

I have my curtain wall in place and I just created three glazing materials, each with a different tint. I tried manually painting just to test out the effect and that didn't work. Editing the panel resulted in a project wide change of all curtain wall panels to one color. 

if anyone has any suggestions on how to break this problem down, it would be much appreciated.thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

try this:

1. make first three Curtain Wall Panels with the thicknes and the material you want :  from Application Menu > New >Family > Curtain Wall Panel. Make panels as extruded entities ,taking care to be locked to refence planes . Asign material to panel. Load panel into Project
  2. In Project , Elevation View , select panels you want to assign a different glazed color , using TAB  (to select individual panels) and CTRL (to add to selection)
  3. for more complicated and controled mathematically patterns , an excelent instrument could be  Dynamo, an application developed by Autodesk ...

Image 001.png

Image 002.png

Image 003.png

Image 000.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3

thanks for the advice and the nod to Dynamo - I thought that's how I might have to approach it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report