Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Schemes

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
hbjarch
2861 Views, 17 Replies

Color Schemes

Patterns in my color scheme now extend into the middle of all walls. Is there a switch to stop the patterns at wall faces?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: hbjarch

please post image of the problem..
Message 3 of 18
hbjarch
in reply to: Anonymous

A screen grab of floor finishes into the centre line of walls.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

just guessing but did you try wireframe vs. hidden line down on the view bar?
Message 5 of 18
hbjarch

Sure did. Thanks for your guess anyway.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

i don't know- maybe there is a lot of ways to do things.. i wonder what you did?
Message 7 of 18
sagar.londonites

Try switching the color scheme location between background / foreground from view properties and see if it helps.

- Sagar
Message 8 of 18
hbjarch

That sounded like a really good idea. But no, it doesn't work. Thank you anyway. i'm still trying to find a solution.

Message 9 of 18
rosskirby

How did you create the patterns?  Are they surface patterns built into the material for the floor object?  Are they filled regions on top of the view?

If it's a surface pattern on the floor, then make sure your walls aren't set to transparent, either in the V/G or by-element.  Also check your view templates, if you have any, to make sure that the V/G override there doesn't make the walls transparent.

If it's just a filled region, as I suspect, then you'll have to edit the region boundary to make sure it stays within the walls.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 10 of 18
hbjarch
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for your reply. The patterns were created through the Color Fill Legend. When you click on the Color Scheme Legend and choose Edit Scheme your are able to nominate various patterns relating to the floor finishes.

The walls aren't transparent and I've checked the VG over ride etc.

I've passed the problem onto my software supplier who is taking it up with AutoDesk. It may well be a Revit 2012 issue.

I'll post up the answer hopefully, after hearing AutoDesk's response.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Message 11 of 18
AnthonyTiefenbach

This is definitely an issue with Revit 2012.  I have the same issue with patterns even though the same file looks fine in Revit 2011.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: AnthonyTiefenbach

you should expect "issues" with a new release.. not until update 2 is the version flawless.. it's the propaganda that pushes most to the new release immediately.. i sure don't see anything in 2012 that i need immediately.. only with 2009 did i need MentalRay immediately.. i sure didn't need the ribbon for 2010 immediately- and it turns out i never will need it.. 2011 is my last version anyway.. revit is ten years old for gawd's sakes..
Message 13 of 18
rkitect28

Someone asked me this question today so I thought I would investigate. Keep in mind that our color scheme is applied to rooms. If you have the view display set to course, the hatch runs to the center of the wall and ignores the wall fill. If you set the view to medium or fine and set the material fill of the walls to be solid white, then the hatch boundary "stops" at the wall faces. It may not be a complete solution, but it solved our problem. In our case, all of the walls in our project were using the "default wall" for material, so we globally edited the material through Manage tab>Object Styles>Model Objects>Walls> change the default wall material to a material with Graphic properties- Cut Pattern >Solid fill, white. You may also apply this material per view instead of globally through visibility graphics.

Josh Siddle

The Freelon Group

www.freelon.com

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

hello i solved the problem is not an issue . you just have to go to view- visibility/graphics under room category -uncheck (color fill) and check (interior fill)

Message 15 of 18
kokoko.arc

how can i use model pattern in color scheme's fill pattern ?

fill pattern in color scheme only shows drafting pattern ...

Message 16 of 18
kokoko.arc

how can i use model pattern in color scheme's fill pattern ?

fill pattern in color scheme only shows drafting pattern ...

Message 17 of 18
chrisplyler

edit: ...oh my gosh I'm so dumb...

Message 18 of 18
mpwuzhere
in reply to: chrisplyler

Didn't notice the date?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report