Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Scheme prints as foreground not background

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eperkins
7580 Views, 6 Replies

Color Scheme prints as foreground not background

I'm using Revit Architecture 2012. I created a color scheme and it shows up perfectly on my screen with the color behind the plan. However, when I print, the color covers the plan completely. I tried different printers and even tried printing to PDF and have the same problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: eperkins

Would it be possible to attach an image example of what the PDF or print preview image is showing? 

Also what types of elements are being covered by the fill; is it consistently everything or just a category such as imported geometry?

And lastly, are the results the same with Print Setup > Remove Lines Using > Raster Processing?

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
pes2010
in reply to: ryan.duell

I have a similar problem. Just upgraded to 2012 and suddenly color scheme is hiding stairs under it. In 2011 the stairs were still visible through color scheme. They're now set as "transparent". If i turn that off, stairs can bee seen but as white, not coloured. Did some default settings change or something during the upgrade?

Message 4 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: pes2010

This issue has been reported to the development team previously and is currently being reviewed.  I have included another thread on this behavior below:

Revit 2012 - Room color fills make the edges of transparent​t elements invisible

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 7
aaronkledet
in reply to: ryan.duell

Change your floor plan Visual Style from Wire Frame to Hidden Line

Message 6 of 7
susanlasecki
in reply to: aaronkledet

Thank you!  That fixed the problem I was having

Message 7 of 7
DesignGuy12
in reply to: susanlasecki

thank you so much.

Yep, that helped me too.

I had tried everything I could find to OVERRIDE or SEND TO BACK or ........

Now everything prints just fine.

Thank you 

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report