Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Scheme Defaults

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
davidwilliamedwards
3925 Views, 13 Replies

Color Scheme Defaults

Where do the default color schemes come from? I know the colors can be edited after a scheme has been created, but can the default scheme be edited?

TIA!

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Do you mean this way?

Architecture Tab --> Room and Area drop Down --> Color Schemes?  You don't have to have a scheme applied to a view to edit it there.

colorscheme.png

Hope this helps you out.

Message 3 of 14

I know how to edit them in that menu, I'm just wondering where the default colors come from and it THAT list can be edited. I'm finding that I'm having to reedit them often and would like to edit the defaults.

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
Message 4 of 14

That is where I set mine in the template.  Have not had to edit the color scheme since setting them in the templates here.  I have several setups in the template to choose from when using the color schemes.  Not sure where the under laying colors are kept.  Would be interesting to know though.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

Message 5 of 14

I maintain several templates from different disciplines and was just wanting more control over the defaults.

(I was also wondering why Pantone colors were even chosen - maybe just to show the choices of what these schemes were capable of.)

Thanks!

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
Message 6 of 14

David,

I agree, the ability to select a specific palette would be excellent.  Alternatively a theme of colours such as Bright or Pastel.  The current colours are very random.

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
Message 7 of 14

At this time, the colors assigned to the Color schemes in the templates that come installed in Revit cannot be modified or "preset". If you have colors you would like to use, I would begin a new project, create a color scheme (or schemes) with the desired colors, and then save the project as a template.

If you would like this behavior to change, the following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 8 of 14
ljohanssonF7MDG
in reply to: Jason_S

Hi @Jason_S, have you set up your color templates in the "Rooms and area" drop down in the ribbon? As I understand it you can only apply those schemes for rooms/areas/duct work. But what if you want to have a set palette for everything else, eg. floor colors etc. I have a set color palette to use and i have to customize the colors every time. is there a way to save these customized colors anywhere? I have a project template that I use for projects but I have to keep adding the colors in all the time when I start a new project.

Cheers!

Message 9 of 14

Have you tried Transfer Project Standards?
Message 10 of 14
Jason_S
in reply to: ljohanssonF7MDG

@ljohanssonF7MDG wrote:

Hi @Jason_S, have you set up your color templates in the "Rooms and area" drop down in the ribbon? As I understand it you can only apply those schemes for rooms/areas/duct work. But what if you want to have a set palette for everything else, eg. floor colors etc. I have a set color palette to use and i have to customize the colors every time. is there a way to save these customized colors anywhere? I have a project template that I use for projects but I have to keep adding the colors in all the time when I start a new project.

Cheers!

I have a couple different projects setup in my standards folder.  These have presets for the different company standard color schemes.  When we need one of those color schemes we use transfer project standards under the manage tab to transfer only the color schemes into the project that needs it.  

Message 11 of 14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for letting us know the problem with the default color palette. I want to run a quick test here.

1. How do you think about using the attached pastel color scheme as the default for rooms, spaces, and HVAC zones (not Duct and Pipe)? Do the saturation and brightness look OK to you?

2. How do you think about changing the order of default color for Duct and Pipe? Currently, it goes from blue - purple - red - orange - yellow - green … like what’s shown in the attached dialog. How about the reverse order: blue - green - yellow - orange - red - purple…? Would that help your workflow a little bit?

(I understand that everyone has a color preference, so the colors can’t be perfect for anyone. Now we want to see whether a quick iteration on the default colors can bring any value.)

Rayna Wang
User Experience Designer
Autodesk Revit

Message 12 of 14
ToanDN
in reply to: rayna.wang

1. I like the pastel colors.
2. No comments as I am not in the MEP field.
Message 13 of 14
martinvittone
in reply to: rayna.wang

Hi there, 

I'm just running into this problem today but I see the thread is not that old so I'm giving it a go. I like that the color schemes have different Pastel colors using the same color palette. But I would like to be able to have some preset options other than the default so it's not always the same color scheme. I know I can modify the colours manually, but I would like to have some options between ranges of primary colours, knowing that they would look good. Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
j-davelaar
in reply to: martinvittone

8 years later, still desirable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report