Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Coding curtainwall panels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jonmcfarlandGY
1429 Views, 3 Replies

Color Coding curtainwall panels

I have a project with hundreds of stone curtain wall panels with 1 of 3 different finishes.  I have a schedule that identifies the quantities of each, but is there a way to color code them in an elevation?  A legend seems like the way to go, but I don't see the way to add the curtainwall panels to the legend view or parse them by thier shared Finish parameter.

Any suggestions?

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

in each panel family create a Shared instance parameter for panel finish. Use the Paint tool to paint the surface of your panel after selecting your finish parameter name in the Element Ribbon Material tab. Save and reload the panel family into your project, select an instance of the panel and in the Properties Palette select the panel finish instance parameter and click  on the little gray box on the right of the cell. In the materials dialog set the surface pattern to solid fill and select whatever color you want. If you want to change the color of all panels of a type at once make your finish parameter a Type.

Dave - DDP
Acad 2012 and Revit 2012
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel I7-860 @2.8GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX260
Message 3 of 4

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm having a little trouble following it.

<<in each panel family create a Shared instance parameter for panel finish.>>

This was done.  Each panel family has a shared Finish parameter, under the Materials and Finishes category, vith a value of either Peeled, Sandblasted or Wavy.

<<Use the Paint tool to paint the surface of your panel after selecting your finish parameter name in the Element Ribbon Material tab.>>

I select the face, click Modify|Extrusion>Geometry> Paint.

In the Material drop-down list, in the Element tab, there a 9 options, but my Finish parameters are not any of them.

<<Save and reload the panel family into your project>>

Done

<<select an instance of the panel>>

Done

<<in the Properties Palette select the panel finish instance parameter>>

In the Properties palette, the only options are Area, Width, Height, Comments, Mark, Phase Created, and Phase Demolished.

I can'r really go anywhere past this point.  Could you please clarify what you think I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 4 of 4

your finish parameter needs to be a Shared parameter then it will show up on the Material drop down list

Dave - DDP
Acad 2012 and Revit 2012
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel I7-860 @2.8GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX260

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report