Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Credits - unauthorized usage!

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mbarr
1848 Views, 2 Replies

Cloud Credits - unauthorized usage!

With our subscription we were issued 5100 Autodesk 360 Cloud Credits.  My registered users all show zero (0) credits used, and yet the "Cloud Credits Available" for my account shows a balance of 5027.

From the 'Export a Report on all the Autodesk 360 activities for this contract' I see that 73 credits have been used by a user email address that I don't recognized and haven't authorized.

How is this possible?  Can anyone use my cloud credits?

PS: I have since discovered that the user in question is a member of my staff who registered on Autodesk 360 using a personal email address.  But the fact that the user is not listed in my subscription account means I can't control his usage.  This means I can't control anyone's usage because if I turn off credit usage on an existing account, they can just create another account that I can't control!

Users should NOT be able to consume credits until they are authorized to do so!!!

We also MUST have the ability to meter credits out to users so that one rogue user can not waste all the credits available on unauthoized services.

I also need better reporting if we are going to be buying credits.  These costs have to be billed back to clients so each use of credits has to be attributed to a particular job number for accounting.  The downloaded activity log referenced above does not contain any billing or comment fields.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: mbarr

Hi Michael,

It looks like you already received assistance from jessica.t over a phone call earlier, but wanted to summarize for community value.

In this case, the employee in question created their own account using the contract number to gain access to the Subscription Center and Cloud Credits. Due to an internal error, the user was not showing up in the Contract Administration -> View/Edit Users field, and therefore you (the Contract Manager) had no way of limiting the end user's use.

This was rectified by deleting the account in question and walking through the process to disable users from creating their own accounts / setting up the contract as by-invitation only, at which point you could reinvite him through the proper channels and set the appropriate privileges. More information on the afore mentioned can be found in the following How to Invite New Users to Access a Subscription Center Account guide.

Message 3 of 3
mbarr
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks to Jessica and Phillip for their quick response and great support!

----wrtmail--%3423wrt%----

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report