Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipped Eaves

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
paul53_7
4923 Views, 6 Replies

Clipped Eaves

I am looking to create the same detail shown in the sketch up images.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Also has anyone ever came across a slate material with good realistic image.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

for this I used a combination of  Roof Sofit and for the wall from the gable I made an Edit Profil-sketch mode....

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your repsonse, could show this in more detail please.

Is it possible to have a slate/tile overhang?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

you can see in the screen shot  the cornice made by Roof Soffit and gable wall adjusted using sketch mode...

Another method that it is my preferred one is by :Component> model in place > Sweep...:

you can see it in Autodesk Chronicle

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/52040ba3-e85a-4c78-915e-a8f9602893c3

This last method allows me to use complicated cornice profiles( profiles made in place as in my example ,or made as profile family)

In fact there are many methods,,you have only to chose wich one suits you better

Image 236.jpg

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
paul53_7
in reply to: paul53_7

Thanks for the previous.

How do you extend the tile to create overhang?

Message 6 of 7

In order to control the roof plate position when extending it, I  use a simple geometric construction .

See image 4 to 7 from the attached file.

Suppose I want to extend the plate with 6 cm...that means that the eaves height lowers with 3,5 cm......

This was done drawing guide reference planes as in image 4 

Then in Roof Floor Plane > select the roof- Edit Footprint > strech the border line to the reference plane placed at 6 cm distance....as in image 5

Then ,also in Edit Footprint with the border line selected, in Properties > Constraints >Offset from Roof Base - change the value to -3,5 cm (as determined in image 4) - image 6

The result can be seen in image 7

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

In order to control the roof plate position when extending it, I  use a simple geometric construction .

See image 4 to 7 from the attached file.

Suppose I want to extend the plate with 6 cm...that means that the eaves height lowers with 3,5 cm......

This was done drawing guide reference planes as in image 4 

Then in Roof Floor Plane > select the roof- Edit Footprint > strech the border line to the reference plane placed at 6 cm distance....as in image 5

Then ,also in Edit Footprint with the border line selected, in Properties > Constraints >Offset from Roof Base - change the value to -3,5 cm (as determined in image 4) - image 6

The result can be seen in image 7

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report