Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup Between Floors & Walls

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Hugh_Compton
981 Views, 2 Replies

Cleanup Between Floors & Walls

I have attached a Revit 2015 file.  I am struggling to get the materials to cleanup correctly between the walls and the floors.  On the right hand side of the section i have added regions to show what I intended the section to look like. The section shows a sump.  How can I get the walls and floor to interact better?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awes
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

Using Revit 2015. Modify/ Join/ Switch join order. Switch join order (wall/ floor). Drag top of wall to proper level. Hope it helps!

Message 3 of 3
chrisplyler
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

More specifically:

1. Delete the detail region.

2. Set top of four walls to "Unconnected."

3. Stretch top of four walls to be coplaner with bottom of main floor.

4. Stretch width of the hole to cut the main floor back behind the sand/tile width of the walls so that the vertical concrete surfaces are ligned up.

5. Modify the wall type, edit the structure to unock the upper bounds of the sand and tile layers.

6. Drag the sand and tile layers of the walls up to the bottom of the grate ledge.

7. Unjoin walls and floors.

8. Join the walls to the sump pit floor and again to the main floor.

9. Optional: In plan view, select the section line and reduce its far clip plane so that the entire depth of the section view is contained within the pit.

You don't really want the sand and tile layers to exist in the grate ledge, do you?

pitcleanup.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report