Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up two intersecting walls

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mrdavie
640 Views, 3 Replies

Cleaning up two intersecting walls

Attached are two screen captures of two walls intersecting. Both walls have 6 in. metal studs with 5/8 in. gyp bd on the interior and 1/2in plywood sheathing just outside the exterior core. The exterior core is the location line for the walls.

Image A shows the vertical oriented wall stoping short of the horizontal wall. I would expect to see the studs and interior gyp bd wrapping cleanly.

Image B shows the end of the vertical wall pulled down just past the horzontal wall. the brick veneer comes throubh. I want the brick veneer to stop just short of the sheathing on the horizontal wall.

(Don't forget to use the backspace key to close the images. If you 'x' out you will be exited from the browser ((at least that's what happened to me!))).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrdavie
in reply to: mrdavie

I just realized that the walls cleaned up at the other end. I don't know why it would be different (see Image C)

Message 3 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mrdavie

Are the two Wall types identical, except that the horizontal one does not have brick and air space?  Your "A" image shows that Wall Join has been disallowed for the vertical Wall.  If I do the same here with similar Wall types, I get the same results.  If you want the Walls at the "A" end to cleanup like the ones at the "C" end, select the vertical wall at the "A" end and click on the Allow Join grip (blue, "hollow" T-shaped grip, on its side in your image).  You may have to use the Trim tool to get the desired alignment of Wall endpoints/cleanup.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 4
mrdavie
in reply to: David_W_Koch

That was it! I don't know how they became unjoined. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report