Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cladding Panels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
612 Views, 5 Replies

Cladding Panels

Hi there, i'm just wondering what the best approach to creating a parametric Cladding Panel wall type such as a Kingspan Panel would be?
Basically it would be constrained to 1000mm High by the length of the wall....
I'm sure this wall type would be based on a Curtain Walling panel family but just want to confirm.
What i have done so far does NOT constrain a length but does seem to constrain the height? See Attached pic.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyone ? Horizontal Panel 1000mm High by whatever dragged 2 point Length, the 1000mm will repeat, for example 6 panels on a 6000mm high facade.....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

sounds like a curtain panel to me loaded into a curtain system set with the spacing you require.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

it does sound like that, thats correct, BUT this approach appears to constrain the panel to whatever length you make it by the height, this approach has also been tried.....This approach also involves creating a Curtain Wall say 1000 high by say 1000 high, and also making the panel the same to match the grid not a great idea if you don't have actual sizes up front....any other suggestions or am i missing something simple...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It should stretch based on the grid spacing, make sure in your panel family you are designing(constraining) the panel from the grid lines, not by creating parameters.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thats actually my point, i don't want it constrained horizontally to ANY grid, only vertically as it is a panel 1000mm high , length will be anything but NOT constrained to a grid size...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report