Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circular window in a circular wall

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dheeraj
621 Views, 5 Replies

circular window in a circular wall

i just want 2 know is there any command with help of which we can creat a circular window/door in a circular wall.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dheeraj

Make a regular rectangular wall, insert circular window, edit profile of the
wall to reflect your circular shape.

wrote in message news:5028943@discussion.autodesk.com...
i just want 2 know is there any command with help of which we can creat a
circular window/door in a circular wall.
Message 3 of 6
sbrown

do you mean circular in plan or elevation? in elevation the previous post is correct, you can just place your circular window into any wall, then edit the elevation profile of the wall to be a circle too. If you mean a radius'd wall in plan, with a window that is a circle in elevation and curved in plan, this gets tricky, not undo able, but tricky. If this is what you want, respond and I'll explain how to do it.
Message 4 of 6
dheeraj

i want curved in plan. u got my question. Please explain in detail.
thanks.
Message 5 of 6
sbrown

Its very hard to explain, but I'll try.
Use a generic model family
1. create an extrusion in plan the shape you want in plan,
2. In elevation you will need to create 2 void extrusions(or blends if you want to be truely accurate).
The first one in the shape of the inner circle of the opening, the second in the outer, use cut geometry to cut out your first extrusion, this will give you your frame, do these steps for each piece of your window. Then you can change the family category and parameter to a window family, assign the proper subcategories and load into your project. Now you will need to create the opening in your wall, use an inplace void family(generic model or wall is fine) use a blend to get the opening the shape you want.. then put your window in place.
Message 6 of 6
sbrown

Here is an example fo the technique I am describing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report