Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the wall thickness

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
migdalia_banda
19786 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the wall thickness

I have a finished floor plan with 5.5" thick walls, but now i want to make all my walls thicker without changing the size of my rooms. Does anyone know what i can do to achieve this. I tried locking the wall dimensions before changing their thickness but it still shrunk my room sizes. Maybe i did it wrong, idk, can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vector2
in reply to: migdalia_banda

Set the wall's location line to Finish 

Face Interior.

Message 3 of 5
migdalia_banda
in reply to: vector2

OMG thank you very much!!! Smiley Happy You don't know how long I've been struggling with that!

Message 4 of 5
cvandevere
in reply to: migdalia_banda

Yes it is fairly simple to do what you want. Before you change the wall type/thickness Click on the wall to highlight it, first notice which side of the wall the up and down arrows are that indicates the exterior  side of the wall, then in the properties panel, click on the location line and highlight, Finish Face : Interior this locks the interior side of the wall so when it moves it will move out from that point. try it out on a few walls to see the results. exterior walls the wall will move out outside of the exterior. Pay close attention when working with interior walls again the double arrow will indicate what is considered the exterior side of the wall so you will need to highlight the location line for the side that you do not want to move. Hope this helps!

CDV
Message 5 of 5

Dear Migdalia,

its good to know that you have got answer to your query and i hope you'd completed your floorplan with changes wall thickness.

Just to add my opinion on this issue, You have to take take care of location line for each individual wall.

Drawing a wall from left to right and right to left have different meanings in Revit (clockwise/anti-clockwise).

Please make sure you did it right way as suggested by experts in previous answers.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report