Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Scale in dependent views **Feature Request**

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdoyle
1683 Views, 4 Replies

Changing Scale in dependent views **Feature Request**

It is about time we update this feature. I want to be able to break down a plan into enlarged pieces. The concept makes total sense. This is achieved by using scope boxes in conjunction with a parent view, then having dependent views that reference an individual scope boxes. You can't have varying scales which would make my sample image possible. I've included a forum post from way back that doesn't help rectify the situation. Autodesk, we could use this option. Thanks 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep/changing-scale-in-dependent-view/m-p/5030456#M23343

DEPENDENTS.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maciejwypych
in reply to: mdoyle

Hi,

The problem with your suggestion is that with a different scale, the annotation keeps the same size, which is a desirable behaviour, but it means that especially in larger scales you would have a problem with annotation overlapping with itself and model elements, and you won't be able to move it somewhere else without affecting your dependant view 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Alisder.Brown

As Macie said, this is not a logical idea, and would very rarely work.

If this is the outcome you are looking for, simply use a call out. Drop your call-out on the "Parent" views, which will give you the same dotted line as a scope box near enough, then you can annotate and scale as you please without affecting the parent view. 

Regards

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

Or, you can keep your 1:100 view as is, duplicate it (with detailing, if you want), rescale the duplicate view to 1:50 and create your dependent views from the duplicated view.  The full plan 1:50 parent view would not be placed on a sheet, but can be handy if you have multiple dependent views and need to make revisions to several of them, as most annotation placed there will also show on the dependent views.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
blaine7VSAX
in reply to: David_W_Koch

HI, I'm sorry I know this post is extremely old but would you be able to create something like a screencast of this process because I don't really get it, but this is something I need for a project I'm currently working on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report