Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Joist Spacing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
marc5
1661 Views, 9 Replies

Changing Joist Spacing

I placed I-Joist on the floor plan and used the wrong spacing. Can I select the already placed joist and change the spacing from 12 inch OC to 16 inches OC? I know I can select the ones I want to change, but I do not see in the properties window where I can change the spacing. Unless I am overlooking it.

Thanks,

Marc

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbcarch
in reply to: marc5

Try using a Beam System--you can specify size/type of joists, and spacing. You specify the extents of the beam system ( as between column grids, etc.) and it automatically fills in the framing. You can then edit the beam system and make changes globally.
Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 10
marc5

I used the Beam System and I specified spacing but I need to change the spacing. I will look again and see if I can find where to do this.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 10
marc5

Or I guess I should ask, how do I select the beam system I need to change the spacing on?
Message 5 of 10
cbcarch

Use Tab key to select the beam system. The Edit Properties, and change spacing. ( as I recall ).

check here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-6A876CEE-ACB3-4F1F-A803-EBF2E3AE8C57

Cliff B. Collins
Message 6 of 10
marc5

Still no luck on changing an existing joist spacing. I cannot figure out how to select the joists that were created under the Beam System. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Marc

Message 7 of 10
cbcarch

You don't select the individual beams, you change the properties of spacing in the Beam System.

Did you look at the link / help?

Cliff B. Collins
Message 8 of 10
Alisder.Brown

If you used the "Beam system" tool, then simply hover the mouse over the edge of the beam system you placed, you must make sure you are not selecting an individual beam, use the "TAB" key to cycle through available selections and select the whole system (you will notice the whole system gets highlighted to let you know that is the system) then you can change the properties to whatever you want.

See attached image

Hope this helped

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 9 of 10
marc5
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

THANKS.....Got it. I had to change the view range. Also, I could select the Beam System in the 3D view prior to change the view range.
Message 10 of 10
marc5

Thanks again for the help, but I just noticed I lost 6 I-Joist out of 23. The 6 that are missing are at one end. They are missing in the floor plan view and in sections. Did I do something wrong when selecting the Beam System? They were all there prior to the changing of the spacing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report