Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing fill pattern scales?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
vanderloo5
17433 Views, 16 Replies

Changing fill pattern scales?

I'm trying to remmeber where I need can access fill pattern scales. The default size isn't working.

thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
anssi.wainio
in reply to: vanderloo5

I haven't found anywhere that you could change the scale of an existing pattern, so when I need that, I create a new pattern and when selecting the .pat file to import I can set the scaling factor. It is a bit of an annoyance, especially as some .pat files I use have rather odd scaling, especially for us metric users so it might take a few trials and errors.

Anssi

Message 3 of 17
vanderloo5

Thanks Anssi but I know there is a way to change them in Revit I just can't remember how. I had a reply from another forum that it can be done in the manage tab. Haven't checked that out yet but I think that may be the answer.

Message 4 of 17
Alfredo_Medina

You could change the spacing for patterns based on lines, single or crosshatch, by using Manage > additional settings > fill patterns > edit.

But, for complex patterns that are usually imported, you need to import the pattern again, (maybe from acad.pat), and change the scale factor, in the same dialog box that I mentioned above.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 17
ipselute

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 17
RobDraw
in reply to: ipselute

Brilliant! Better 7 years late than never.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 17

How do you export a pat so you can re-import it?

Message 8 of 17
RobDraw
in reply to: jowlercreek15105

Revit uses .pat. No need to export.

Rob

Message 9 of 17
jowlercreek15105
in reply to: RobDraw

If it's in Revit, then I need to get it out.  Since I can't resize it once it's already in, and since I don't want to upgrade the model to 2019.

Message 10 of 17
RobDraw

Actually you just need to reimport it and assign a different scale.

Do you not have the original .pat?

Rob

Message 11 of 17
ToanDN

@jowlercreek15105 wrote:

How do you export a pat so you can re-import it?

Download pyRevit and use pme of its tool.

Annotation 2019-02-27 142654.png

Message 12 of 17
RobDraw
in reply to: ToanDN

Why not just isolate fill pattern in a view and export to .dwg? 

Rob

Message 13 of 17
ToanDN

@RobDraw wrote:

Why not just isolate fill pattern in a view and export to .dwg? 

That gets you a DWG, not a PAT.

Message 14 of 17
RobDraw

I distinctly remember deleting a lot of .pat files created by Revit when after I exported to .dwg. It was a long time ago. I cannot verify until tomorrow but I think Revit can create .pat files while exporting to .dwg.

Rob

Message 15 of 17
ToanDN

@RobDraw wrote:

I distinctly remember deleting a lot of .pat files created by Revit when after I exported to .dwg. It was a long time ago. I cannot verify until tomorrow but I think Revit can create .pat files while exporting to .dwg.

It does on the fly while exporting to DWG but delete them as soon as the DWG is created.  If you are have a fast hand you may be able to copy them before they get deleted ( I tried but couldn't).  Plus the pat file names have no meaning to identify what is what.

Message 16 of 17
RobDraw

The file names begin with fp (fill pattern). That's why I said to isolate said fill pattern. That add-on must be faster than you at capturing them. It was a long time ago but I do remember deleting a lot of them while cleaning up project folders.

Rob

Message 17 of 17
oli
Observer

I'm a bit late to the party perhaps but in my opinion, the easiest way to change the scale of an existing fill pattern already in Revit is to duplicate the pattern. That allows you to change the import scale without having access to the original .pat fileduplicate pattern.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report