Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Titleblocks

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
PhilvK
915 Views, 7 Replies

Change Titleblocks

I have created a new titleblock different than the one currently in my project. Is there a way to load the new one into the project so that they all change at once? Right now it seems I need to load the new one sheet-by-sheet into the project.

Thanks,

Phil

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
GPR_MN
in reply to: PhilvK

Load the desired titleblock in, navigate to a sheet with your previous Titleblock, click on titleblock and select all instances in project, select new titleblock from properties drop down.

Message 3 of 8
PhilvK
in reply to: GPR_MN

What I ended up doing was to load my new titleblock into the project, go to each sheet, select the titleblock, and then select the new titleblock from the family dropdown. That worked fine, but would be laborious if I had a project with 100 sheets. I was hoping there was a way to do it similar to changing an AutoCad xref and have them all update in one operation. Thank you all for you replies.

Phil

Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

Why did you do that one by one anyway? The answer to your question in the previous post works correctly for changing all the titleblocks in a single step.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
PhilvK
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I did the one-by-one method prior to reading the post by GPR_MN, but nevertheless I do not understand how to "select all instances" of the titleblock from a single sheet. Can you help me on that one?

Thanks,

Phil

Message 6 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

Load the desired titleblock "B" in your project. Then, go to one of the sheets, select the old titleblock "A", right click > Select all instance > in entire project. (At the lower right corner of the screen, Revit will show a number that indicates how many titleblocks are being selected). Then, from the Properties window, use the pull down menu to find titleblock "B".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 8
PhilvK

Thank you! That worked great. I didn't understand it before. - Phil
Message 8 of 8
JGuptill

Well, that was 'face palm' simple Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report