Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change color of scope boxes

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
kwg06516
3627 Views, 16 Replies

change color of scope boxes

Is there a way to change the screen color and line type of scope boxes so they don't look like the rest of my project?

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kwg06516

Go to Manage Tab » Object Styles » Annotation Objects tab, and scroll down to "Scope Boxes" to redefine the color and line pattern, project-wide.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 17
kwg06516
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I tried that. Nothing changed. In fact, it was already set to a color other than black.

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

Message 4 of 17
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi 

go to Manege tab and select object Style icon,then Annotation Objects.down Scroll and selected Scope Boxes the change,Line Weight and Line Color and

Line Pattern.

Scope Boxes.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 17
CoreyDaun

kwg06516 wrote:
"I tried that. Nothing changed. In fact, it was already set to a color other than black."

That would indicate that something else is overriding it at a higher level. Is there an existing override under Visibility Graphics Overrides in one of the Views in which the Scope Box is black (instead of the color assigned in Object Styles)? If the View is being controlled by a View Template (check under Properties), you will have to check that instead, by clicking on the View Template button and the checking the V/G Overrides there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 17
kwg06516
in reply to: CoreyDaun

To be clear let me first indicate what I mean by scope box in case we're talking about two different things here.

ihearduliekwindoz.PNG

Of course neither of these is the green color RGB 000-127-000 that it was previously set to.  Right now it looks like a part of the detail.  In AutoCAD I kept viewports on an A-ANNO-NPLT layer with color set to a light green so it wouldn't look like part of a plan, detail, section.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there an existing override under Visibility Graphics Overrides in one of the Views in which the Scope Box is black (instead of the color assigned in Object Styles)? 

byblocked.png

It appears to be set to Object Style, if this is what you mean by Visibility Graphics Overrides.

@Anonymous wrote:
If the View is being controlled by a View Template (check under Properties), you will have to check that instead, by clicking on the View Template button and the checking the V/G Overrides there.

View template is set to <None>.  In the Object Styles I see exactly what gh_ar posted.

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

Message 7 of 17
Alfredo_Medina

That's not a scope box. That's the edge of the crop region. I don't think there is setting for specifying color for that. Usually, users turn the crop region off before printing.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

kwg06516:

Hello.

Only select the crop region > right click > Override Graphics in View > By Element > change the options.

In the Print Setup dialog box uncheck Hide crop boundaries.

Saludos cordiales.

Message 9 of 17
Alfredo_Medina

No option for color, though, even if you go that way (Override element, etc...)

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo:

"No option color..."  What do you mean?...

Crop Region Boundaries.jpg

Saludos cordiales.

Message 11 of 17
Alfredo_Medina

The question is not about scope boxes (that was a mistake). The actual topic is about changing the color of the crop region.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

I know, the image in the previos message shows the Crop Region boundaries with red color and a Hidden linetype...

Cuando se pongan de acuerdo me avisan.

Saludos cordiales.

Message 13 of 17
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you show the dialog box that you see when you select a crop region and do right click > override graphics > element ?

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

The issue is the version of Revit. I used Revit 2012, but in 2013 and 2014 it is not longer possible. Smiley Sad

Saludos cordiales.

Message 15 of 17
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh, that explains why we were seeing different things. The option existed before but it was removed. Thank you for the explanation.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

Alfredo:

Yes, that explains the confussion. Thank you too.

Saludos cordiales.

Message 17 of 17
kmcclure2018

Life saver!! thanks a bunch!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report