Revit Architecture

vittete
Message 1 of 4 (498 Views)

central file

498 Views, 3 Replies
02-07-2011 05:40 AM

Hi everybody,

I have tried to make a central file on the dropbox, but it doesn't let me (in the dialog box the central file is grey so i can't even change it). Are there any other possible ways to make a central file so i could work with y collegue on the distance?

thank you in advance.

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 4 (478 Views)

Re: central file

02-08-2011 07:32 AM in reply to: vittete

You will need to have a location all users can connect to in the same manner; this is the only method it will work if you want to be able to work with the central file at the same time.

A similar post on using Dropbox:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2010/06/dropbox-and-project-sharing.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

vittete
Message 3 of 4 (466 Views)

02-08-2011 02:39 PM in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi again,

I have a problem when i want to make my file as a central. When i save as new project, then change name of it and then in the options the button appears grey and doesn't let me make a central file, what should i do?

thanks again

vittete
Message 4 of 4 (449 Views)

02-09-2011 02:00 AM in reply to: vittete

hei, finaly i have created the central file and it seems to work, i can sync and my collegue as well, but we don't see each others changes. there are in common folder files named as conflicts. therefore i have no idea what to do. 

thanks for the help

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.