Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centering a window seat

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitman91
784 Views, 3 Replies

Centering a window seat

I am trying to firgure out how to center a window seat that extends out like a bay window. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I am trying to center the 6' extension between an exterior (7 1/4") and interior (4") wall. I need it to be center on both interior and exterior and do not know where to measure from to accomplish that. I have attached a picture of the problem in hopes it will describe better on what I am asking. Any help will be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: revitman91

I don't understand your question 🙂

Message 3 of 4

Yes, I agree that some information is missing in the original post. Is this window seat a family? If it is, and if it has reference planes, it is easy to align it and lock it to other objects, but, please provide more information.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: revitman91

Are you trying to center the window seat and projection on both the exterior and interior elevations?  If so, and if the 15'-1" dimension is a given, then the centerline of the window seat/projection needs to be 7'-6 1/2" from the exterior corners (either side).  Assuming that your exterior wall construction is the same thickness throughout, that will give you the same exposed face distance (labeled "X" in the attached image) on both the exterior and interior on the left side.  On the right side, you will need to either move the entire interior wall such that the exposed interior partition is "X" away from the window seat opening, or you will need to bump out a portion of that wall to give that visual effect.  If the interior partition needs to have its finished face align with the right-side exterior wall's interior face, then there is no position where the window seat is centered on exterior and interior.

Or is that not what you meant?  If not, as the others requested, please provide more detail.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report