Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center of dimensions or Reference Planes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2198 Views, 2 Replies

Center of dimensions or Reference Planes

Trying to center some things in Revit LT 2014.  How do you find the center of dimension lines and refence planes and the like.  AutoCad KNOWS where the center is for these things.  How to tell in Revit?  For instance, I am trying to center an imported toilet in a space in a bathroom and something like this would take me about 5 seconds in ACad and here I am having to log on to a help forum to figure this out...Just part of the fun learning new 3D software  guess.  Thanks for any help out there.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

One good piece of advice for learning Revit is not to compare it with AutoCAD. That helps a lot, believe me. Also, some training is recommended.

To answer your question: if you want to center an object in regards to a space, what we do is this: Annotation > Aligned (dimension) > then do 3 clicks: first click on the face of the wall on the left, the second click on the vertical reference plane of the object, the third click on the face of the wall on the right, and a four click away on an empty space to finish the process. Then, click on "EQ". You have the option of deleting the dimension and keeping the constraint.

6-11-2013 11-51-24 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

You the Man, Afredo!  Thank you.  Worked perfectly.  The key difference between Revit and AutoCad in this context is that Revit objects evidently inherently have centerlines built into them, which the aligned dimension can detect, then move with the EQ selection.  This is a basic classic that I'm going to printout and stick into my Revit For Dummies notebook.

Have a great day. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report