Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceilings not selected

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ndsmaug
841 Views, 8 Replies

Ceilings not selected

We recently upgraded to version 2012 and now we have an issue with the reflected ceiling plans.  While in those views, we can not select the ceilings that have been created either by using the "Tab" key, or doing a selection box.  Literally every other element (grids, walls, rooms, tags, etc.) can be selected, but the ceilings seem to be exempt.  If we do a selection box, the "filter" button does not become available, however, the in the Properties menu "Multiple Categories" becomes active, and ceilings are in the list.  I can create a new ceiling, however, once it is made, I am not allowed to select it. 

The view range is set to unlimited top, cut at 7'-6" above related level, and has an unlimited depth.  All items are on in the visibility graphics.  These plans have not changed since the Revit 2011 version, and were working just fine last week. 

HELP!!!!!

Any insight would be helpful.  Thank you so much.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jason_S
in reply to: ndsmaug

@ndsmaug wrote:

We recently upgraded to version 2012 and now we have an issue with the reflected ceiling plans.  While in those views, we can not select the ceilings that have been created either by using the "Tab" key, or doing a selection box.  Literally every other element (grids, walls, rooms, tags, etc.) can be selected, but the ceilings seem to be exempt.  If we do a selection box, the "filter" button does not become available, however, the in the Properties menu "Multiple Categories" becomes active, and ceilings are in the list.  I can create a new ceiling, however, once it is made, I am not allowed to select it. 

The view range is set to unlimited top, cut at 7'-6" above related level, and has an unlimited depth.  All items are on in the visibility graphics.  These plans have not changed since the Revit 2011 version, and were working just fine last week. 

HELP!!!!!

Any insight would be helpful.  Thank you so much.

Are the ceilings in a workset that is turned off?

Message 3 of 9
ndsmaug
in reply to: Jason_S

It seems to be a graphics card issue and nothing to do with my model.  I'm still troubleshooting with Autodesk.

Message 4 of 9
Jason_S

@ndsmaug wrote:

It seems to be a graphics card issue and nothing to do with my model.  I'm still troubleshooting with Autodesk.

OH Wow!!!  What is the video card you are using?

Message 5 of 9
ndsmaug
in reply to: Jason_S

It's a NVIDIA Quadro FX 580...an approved card.  I'll post again when I've gotten a response from Autodesk about the issue.  It's very strange!

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 9
Jason_S

NVIDIA just posted a bunch of updated drivers on 11-11-11.  I had to update here to get around a screen flicker in Revit 2012.

Message 7 of 9
ndsmaug

After working with Autodesk to troubleshoot the problem, we discovered if I go to the Visibility Graphic of those views and turn off the floors in the view, that seemed to be a work around to the problem.  Editing of the ceilings returned to normal.  Also if I worked in wireframe mode I could edit as well.  The technician at Autodesk has figured out this issue has something to do with the structural model I have linked into the model.  Autodesk is still trying working on figuring out the exact cause of the issue. 

For now, I have the floors turned off.  I'll post an update once I get and answer from Autodesk. Thanks everyone for your help!

Message 8 of 9
ndsmaug

Autodesk stated the problem occurred as a result of the file being upgraded from version 2011 to 2012.  Something in that process caused the glitch.  Autodesk is aware of the bug and says it is working on a fix in its next release.  Until then, if I run into the problem I have to either turn off my floors category in that view or turn off the structural foundations category of the linked model using Visibility Graphics.  I can also work in wireframe in that view to do editing. 

The rep assigned to this case was very helpful in working with me.  I'm glad someone's figured out what the problem is and that there is a work around...albeit strange.  🙂

Message 9 of 9
Jason_S

Glad you were able to get this resolved.  Thanks for posting the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report