Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling Door Projection

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
779 Views, 5 Replies

Ceiling Door Projection

Hey everyone, thanks in advance!

So, here's my issue: 

I'm trying to make a trap door in my ceiling, so I created a ceiling-hosted family, modeled it and switched the category to Door.

It is working as intended, but I wanted to make some projection lines to appear in the floor plan, is there a way?

I tried drawing symbolic lines, they show ou RCP put not on Floor Plan.

I thank all of you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

In your family, create a model line (Invisible type, as opposed to Thin, etc.) from the face of the ceiling extended down towards the reference level.  Align and lock one end to the reference plane at the face of the ceiling, then align and lock the other end to the reference plane at the reference level.  This will create geometry in your family (albeit invisible geometry) that crosses the cut plan of the floor plan, and thus makes the family visible in the plan view.

The same trick is used in a lot of face-based families (i.e. wall sconces, etc.) to get them to show in both RCPs and floor plans.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for the response!

Still, i tried doing that, but the entire geometry appears on my Floor Plan, not just a projection line - I just wanted a dash around the framing of my trap door. I could control it with V/G, but would affect every other door in my plan.

Message 4 of 6
rosskirby

Select the geometry in your family (in a 3D view is easiest) and select the Visibility button in the properties palette, and uncheck the box for Plan/RCP.  That way only your annotative lines will show, and not the modeled geometry.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

ok, I'm a bit ashamed now. That was kinda obvious... I believe I fried my brain after a whole day trying to figure this one out. You were really helpful!
Message 6 of 6
rosskirby

No worries, it happens to all of us (more often than we would like to admit).  Glad I was able to help.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report