Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casework Schedule and 3D views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jesser
928 Views, 2 Replies

Casework Schedule and 3D views

I've attached a PDF of a office standard Casework Isometric we currently use for all our casework types along with a schedule. Is there a way to generate a legend or a sheet which can create 3D views of families similiar to this, which can then be noted up?

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: jesser

In Revit 2012 you can create 3D views and "lock" them, after which you can place certain tags. I'm not sure if casework tags are included?

Otherwise / if not using 2012, you could create 3D views and place them on sheets, and dimension them. I don't think you can annotate with text or tags prior to Revit 2012.

You could always save the 3D Views as Images, import them in and note them up I suppose--not exactly "BIM" but could work.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
jesser
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks.

Since then I've looked at import and exploding our current isometric files and creating a central Casework library file, which would store all the drafting views.  Then a user could insert view from file, choose the library Revit file and insert as many of the Casework isometrics they need for that project.

I may rethink this if in 2012 you can insert 3D views from a separt Revit file.  This would would allow me to insert the familes into a single file, align the camera once and copy it to every instance of casework types.  Then dimension and annotate each view.  You can do all of this in 2011( tested), with the exception of inserting a 3D view from another Revit file (I think!).  Then insert the casework views as needed from that central (Casework library file I'll call it).

Any other thoughts,

Thanks in advance.

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report