Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant install revit 2012 on windows 8..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sarahshahin
3327 Views, 3 Replies

cant install revit 2012 on windows 8..

I have tried installing Revit 2012 and 2011 several times on my new device which is a windows 8 but the installation fails everytime. Are there problems with Autodesk products and windows 8? most of my work is on Revit so I need to figure out a solution,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccollins
in reply to: sarahshahin

I'm not sure that Revit 2011 or 2012 will install on Windows 8, as they were developed several years ago --well before Windows 8, which uses .NET 4.5.

Window 7 uses .NET 4.0. If a computer gets upgraded to .NET 4.5, Revit's ribbon experiences alot of problems.

Could you install Revit 2013 on Win 8 and upgrade you older projects?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: sarahshahin

Windows 8 is not a supported OS for Revit which means autodesk did not test it on windows 8 so what ever problems you run into my or may not get fixed in 2013

you can look through here for issues and workarounds other people have posted: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message/?page=2&q=windows+8&search_type=thread

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Just delete Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) and (x64) from Control Panel - Programs and Features and try it again. I tried to find a solution for the same problem for approximately a week and then I came up with this solution in the end. This method solved the issue for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report