Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unpin level grids

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
octavio2
2739 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot unpin level grids

Question #1: I have a building elevation ("South Elevation") with some floor level grid lines and I try to select them but could not select them.  The grid lines seem to be pinned, but I could not select them and  neither unpin them, so that is why I suspect they are pinned.  How can I select and/or unpin them?

Question #2: The facade with the level grid referenced above has a Curtain System with some horizontal band mullions which I am also trying to select but I could not neither.  Wonder if the reason for this is because the grid levels are pinned?  How do I select the horizontal mullion so I could change its type?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: octavio2

Are you working with Revit 2014?

If so than it could be that some selections are blocked.

Check the right bottom corner of Revit 2014. There you have some icons that prevent certian selections.

like preventing slections of pinned element, linked models underlayed elements etcetera.

See attached screenshot of those (on/off) icons.

Hope this helps and solves your issues

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
octavio2
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks Enlint, your suggestion worked. 

After unblocking the icon I was able to select one mullion and right clicking choose Select Mullions on Gridline and I was able to change the mullion type of each of the intended mullions.

Message 4 of 5
DanHoffman3963
in reply to: L.Maas

I had the same problem. Learned something new today. Thanks
Message 5 of 5
pavelLFJL2
in reply to: octavio2

Hi, have the same issue. "Select pined elements" is ON, and i can select them but can't unpin them.

Using Revit 2021.1.2

Any ideas? thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report