Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot see toilet

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
RJK42
8826 Views, 6 Replies

cannot see toilet

Not sure what I did different when going through the tutorials but I drew up a bathroom and I cannot see the toilet.  I only see a pink rectangle to where the tiolet is placed.  I also try to put the views in the sheet but the view does not see correct when set to scale.

I attached some pics

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: RJK42

The toilet family is the suspect. Open the family and check its visibility settings in plan view, etc..

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
RJK42
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I downloaded the family from Kohler.  When I click on it the Constraints are grayed out in the propeties, but when I select a toilet from a family that was included in the software I can make adjustments to the constraints.  As for the views, I'm not sure where I can adjust the range.  I do not see an option for it.  

Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

If I remember correctly, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, the first group of Revit families from Kohler were just a migration of their previous AutoCAD blocks, inserted into the family editor of Revit. Then, they realized that this was not the best approach, and they worked on a new set of families, made with native Revit solids. Perhaps this family that you donwload is from the old set, which had some issues with colors and visibility that do not happen with the new set of families.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
RJK42

I think you are right.  I double clicked the family to edit it. From your previous post, I select the family and click "Edit" in the "Visibility/Graphics Overrides" property.  But as I'm doing so, it seem as this family is made up in parts and not joined.  So I have to click each part and select how I want it displayed.  Is this the correct way?? Also, is there a better way to do this other than click on each and every component?

I attaced a picture.

Thanks again!!

Message 6 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

You know, when you download a family, is like when you buy a used car. It is "as is". If it has issues, you need to fix them. This toilet family has the model objects, the seat, the tank, and the cap of the tank, not visible in plan view, but instead, it has a pink rectangle visible. Why? Good question for the content creator who made it. You could work with the built-in plumbing fixture families, instead, which display the fixture correctly.

Message 7 of 7
RJK42

Not only did I have to go in to edit the family, I had to make all the components of the toilet visible in all views plus delete the masking region that was in there for what ever reason.  The result - you can see it now!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report