Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Revit File with Educational Version

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
terry
477 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot open Revit File with Educational Version

I am at a university where we are trying to use a commerical revit file of a new building on campus (ours) to illustsrate a completed project - or near completed project.  The idea is that they see the relationship of the actual project file and the project as it is completing.  However, the project file will not open in the revit we have insatlled in our educational lab.  We do have access to one commercial license and it opens just fine in that.  The versions are installed from the same installation files - the only difference between versions is the product key and the serial number.  Is this normal behavior?  Can I somehow alter the commercial file so it will open with the educational versions?

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: terry

is there an error message of any kind?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
terry
in reply to: DarrenP

Well sort of.  And it has nothing to do with revit but with my brain.  After trying to open a number of revit files and breaking for dinner, I came back and tried to open another type of file on the same drive.  I soon realized that the drive had become disconnected and that the message that revit could not open the file really meant that revit could not find the file.  It is now fixed and the answer to the question is, yes, Revit educational can open files created by Revit Commercial.

Thank you much for responding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report