Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add or Remove Features

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
NigelParsons4560
1597 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot Add or Remove Features

Hello,

Background:

Although I'm on subscription I only install every 2nd or 3rd upgrade.  Just a week or two ago I upgraded from 2010 to 2013 Building Design Suite.  I installed all the default components in their default locations with the exception of the following:

1. As much of the program as permitted has been installed on D:\Programs;

2. I only installed the Australian Templates, and they're located in Z:\Autodesk\... ;

My user templates, etc. are in Z:\Templates\... and all my projects are in Z:\Client\...

Everything is working fine.  I can open projects, create new projects using my templates and using the Autodesk Australian content templates.

Z: is a drive on my file server which gets backed up every night, thus I never lose any project, template or family, etc.

Having subscribed to an on-line training course, I need to install the US Imperial templates.  While I'm at it, I may as well install the metric and a few others too. 

Problem:

To install the extra templates I went to Control Panel / Uninstall or change a program / Autodesk Revit 2013.  The Autodesk Revit 2013 installer opens with three options across the bottom:

1. Add or Remove Features
  2. Repair or Reinstall
  3. Uninstall

When I choose Add or Remove Features I get the following error:

Error 1327. Invalid Drive Z:\

After clicking OK I get another error:

Fatal error during installation.

{7346B4A0-1300-510-0409-705C0D862004}: failed to run

AdskExecuteSequence.

Then:

This product failed to update.

I have a 64bit PC with 16GB ram.  There is plenty of space on all drives.

Windows 7, .NET Framework 4.0.30319 and 4.5.50709.

I would appreciate any assistance on:

1. How to resolve this problem;
  2. How to install content manually.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

User Access Control.

For some reason Autodesk sets UAC to Normal after installing software, even if it was turned off to start with.

Before installing or changing Autodesk software confirm that UAC is turned off using the following steps:

1. Click Start and type UAC into the search box;
  2. Select Change User Access Control Settings at the top of the menu;
  3. Drag the vertical slider to the bottom and click OK;
  4. Make whatever installation changes you desire and test that the software is working properly;
  5. Repeat steps 1 and 2, set UAC to your preferred level and click OK again.

Thank goodness I was able to sort this one out myself ... now ... who do I bill for the downtime?   Smiley Wink

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report