Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have sheets from linked revit files show up on your revit model?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
David125
20459 Views, 20 Replies

Can you have sheets from linked revit files show up on your revit model?

We have a project where we have the model separated by discipline, arch, struct, mech and Elec. As I work on the arch model, I have all other models linked, each has generated its sheets. When I create a sheet list I only get the sheets on my model.  Is it possible to create a sheet list from linked models?

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: David125

At the lower left corner of the Sheet List schedule properties, activate "Include elements from linked files".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 21
David125
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Ahh the subtlties of Revit.. Thank you!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

I have checked the box "include elements from linked files." nothing seems to appear in my sheet index. I have parameters set up for discipline order and discipline, not sure if that is affecting anyhting?

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

nevermind, I had the linked model unloaded.
Message 6 of 21
jledgewood409
in reply to: Anonymous

I am revisiting this post. since I dont remember the out come of the original post I was wondering once I include the sheets from the linked models is there a way to incorporate them to my "Discipline Order & Discipline"? when I try to click in the column of either "Discipline Order & Discipline" in the edit schedule nothing happens. it doesnt allow me to change them.

does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 7 of 21

The parameters that you use to drive your grouping and sorting have to be in the other files and appropriate values assigned to each sheet.  (You will want to use shared parameters so that Revit recognizes they are all the same parameter.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 21
htews
in reply to: David_W_Koch

is there a way to have the sheets in the linked file shown up in your sheet list in the project browser and be printed?

I've got standard detail sheets that goes with each project.

Message 9 of 21
RobDraw
in reply to: htews

Did you try the suggestion that is marked as the solution, message #2?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 21
Anonymous

Yes...it is possible.  Well, kinda...it is in development.  

Message 11 of 21
htews
in reply to: RobDraw

yes, that shows the sheet in the list of drawings on the cover sheet.  I'm talking about having the sheet shown in the Project Browser Sheets.

Message 12 of 21
jpagelazon

Has anyone answered this for you?  Or did you figure it out yourself?

I'm looking to do the same thing, I've got a Typical Sections sheet that is the same for a few office buildings

& instead of including the drafting views to each model, I'd like to link in the Typical Sections sheet just

in case a revision happens I'd have to change it once...

Message 13 of 21

I have the same issue I don't know how to separate linked sheets by discipline at my model

Message 14 of 21

Having same issue need help to figure out to to separate by discipline
Message 15 of 21
RobDraw

See message #7.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 16 of 21

Awesome! Thanks!

Message 17 of 21
gibson
in reply to: jpagelazon

Did you by chance solve this and figure out a way to link typical sheets into other project browsers so that you essentially have 1 host file and any changes will then be updated in the linked models? 

Message 18 of 21
David125
in reply to: gibson

Check out the post I marked as solution .."At the lower left corner of the Sheet List schedule properties, activate "Include elements from linked files"."

Message 19 of 21
ToanDN

@David125 wrote:

Check out the post I marked as solution .."At the lower left corner of the Sheet List schedule properties, activate "Include elements from linked files"."

I bet @gibson meant to include the actual sheets, not just the index.

Message 20 of 21
JthompsonKJ9AV
in reply to: gibson

If you draw it all on a Celing Plan in a New model,
and then link in that model to the job you want it in,
Make a new ceiling plan for the job you want it to show up in and show the linked model, you can then go into the linked revit model setting and select "show by plan view" (or somthing along those lines) and view with the detials in it.
then all you have to do is update the Master & sync, then Reload the model to update it in the other ones.

there is no nice way to do it unforunatly 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report